Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Some Old Smelly Paintings

The first was done three years ago, the others are two years ago--I have a lot of more recent paintings--and still making them--but no images yet. The new paintings are much more like my sculptures--for the most part. This is just a glimpse of where I've been and how I got to the works you see now. I've been doing art for a fairly long time considering that I haven't lived all that long... All are oil on hand stretched canvas.This is around 4 feet tall and three-ish wide. Glazing technique on the skin... The eyes are actually very realistic

Monster and Pita around 2x2' based off a sketch one night, this was the precursor to many other projects including a 2 1/2 foot tall sculpture and my entire thesis project.Lonely Anteater around 3 1/2 x 3 1/2', it's fairly self explanatory...anteaters get lonely too...
KKK Fish, around 3x3' it's based on a sketch I did elaborating on a joke about the pet fish some friends had that was turning white (white with racially motivated hate). Also it wore a hood and hated Jews, queers, and blacks, and most people really...but because of race and what-not, not good reasons
Composition with Pig, Squirrel, and Noodles, also around 3x3' and there is no meaning...this is the second in a series, the other having noodles a hippo and a goat on teal background...the picture was somehow lost but I do still own it.

No comments: