Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cultural Throwback? Or Internationally Insulting?

Not all my pieces come from sets...I like them...but sometimes...I just make weird crap up or fiddle with ideas or styles so here are a few more cultural examples...and they won't be the last. Though they are for now mind you--now as in right now. Tomorrow...who knows?
Odd sort of take on an older style Japanese bat. Very green--not sure why...
My rendition of a Moai...definitely harder to photograph under these condition...
An odd take on the animal effigies of South America...there were examples of bug things being...stuck with a funky fork...the little guy with a smaller bite-size bug on a fork...artistic license--so is the green tongue.

This is a little exploration of some of the styles of octopus in some older Japanese works.
Yeah...Bunny Christ...sort of a "you got bunny in my Christ"/ "no, you got Christ in my bunny"

No comments: