Sunday, December 16, 2007

Less Classy Media

Here is a hand full of sculptures I found images for done in other media. I have done others...but apparently they are lost to the ages. But their descendants will bask in their mysterious and uninteresting glory. This is a small collection of sculptamold critters--it's a combination of plaster and papier mache and the done with a splotchy wet on wet acrylic paint mess. I prefer oils but that was neither the time nor the place. Many of these also have limbs, ears, or protrusions made from plaster that I made from molds from my own fingers...using wax...it was kink day in the art department...I was the gimp.

A small hamster reproducing by budding, as they are known to do--around three inches tall.


Finger Aphid--around 3 1/2" tall
Mealy bug...no fingers for this one...just mealy...and bug--both those. 3"
Yeah...I don't even have a quip for this one. It's a black blob with yellow finger...fingers...4"
Some weird small killer lizard finger beast with a mohawk...common in early cave paintings. 5"
Finger-nosed weevil 6"
Finger eared bunny demon 5"
Insect friends
Monster friends
Site Specific Piece, an outhouse made of old warped scraps found around the sculpture lab. It had a bucket inside under the hole in the seat so it could be used...no one ever did...that disappoints me slightly. For multiple reasons.

No comments: