Monday, February 11, 2008

Little to Do Other Than Play with Dead Things...

So...after quite a bit of work and many strange processes, the skeletons are now finished and photographed. These are ceramic, then coated with first a thin light coat of undergalze and then some thicker splashes of assorted colors but no clear glaze other them, so the thicker applied coats are slick and glassy but most of the light parts--though colored, are matte. Then they are assembled over a dark, somewhat thick and strong wire... The spines can be posed, the legs and what-not less so. They look like really morbid wind chimes. They are 18 inches long (though the flippersaur is only 17). They turned out to be quite photogenic, thus I have a lot of images to choose from...it was tough...
They all apparently came upon some misfortune...not only did they find themselves here...but...apparently didn't do too hot... There were no survivors...
Scratchy Feet--light green, yellow...and some brown--I have no clue what a scratchy feet is but they apparently didn't last too long. In the question of chicken, or egg, I think the scratchy feet was indeed first and then the chicken pecked it to death. Oh, and the egg helped.
Flippersaur--has a bit of teal, light green, and yellow...and some purple too--I have no idea how an aquatic dinosaur got out here (in my front yard) but the fact that it ended up in this condition shows...whatever reason it was a bad idea. Because it died...and I took a picture...and tried to sell its corpse...and make a profit...off its misfortune...want one? If I don't sell these soon I may begin to resemble them. Like when owners start to look like they're pets. This is only ok if their pet is not dead...or obese...or a pug. I am really glad I don't have an obese dead pug. But if I end up looking like my cat...I may die alone...
Cow-- yellow, brown, and dark purple--this is a cow, thus titled cow, though my friend Tom decided that MoooMoooMoooMoooMoooMoooooooooMooooMoooMoooooooMooo is indeed a more appropriate name. There are always the old skeleton cows in westerns. How do these cows end up in the desert? And if they always do so poorly...why are there so many...? Also...I think this particular cow...was just dumb. I get this feeling...because when I reflect on how I got here...I feel pretty dumb...and I am not even a cow.

No comments: